Saturday, June 14, 2008

Week 2 completed!

Ok so I have some new favorites I wanted to share :) 

Breakfast:
1/2 cup of plain 100% oats oatmeal
1/4 cup of vanilla soy milk
1/4 cup of water
frozen fruit ( i like blueberries and peaches the best)

Mix it all together and warm in microwave for 1:00.  It is sooooo yummy!

Lunch:
Spinach
Mandarin oranges
Pecans
Cherries
Oil/Vinegar dressing

This is a flavor explosion in your mouth!

Dinner:
Ok there's a tie between the Taco Salad and the Spaghetti Squash :) Either way here are both recipes...

Spaghetti Squash
Ingredients:
1 large spaghetti squash
4 large crushed tomatoes
1 small onion chopped
1 clove of garlic minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
Preparations:
1. Puncture the squash with a fork and microwave for about 3min. (until it is tender).
2. Place the onion and garlic in a microwave container and cook until tender,stir occasionally (1 to 2 min.)
3. Mix in the crushed tomatoes and cook another 1 to 2 min, stir occasionally.
4. Take the squash and cut in half, scoop the seeds from the middle and use a fork to pull the meat.
5. Pour the sauce over the squash and enjoy.

Taco Salad
Shredded Lettuce
Black Beans (cooked with garlic, olive oil, and finely chopped onion)
Pinto Beans
Guacamole 
Salsa
Black Olives
Blue chips

Thats making me hungry just typing it!

I'm so thankful for this fast.  God has taught me so much and I'm on day 14.  I can't wait to see what the rest of this fast brings :) Hope everyone is doing great!

Love-
RW


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you all! This blog is very inspiring to me. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us!