Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day 3--from Rachael

For me, today started out pretty rough.  I got up and was really tired, even though I slept for 9 hours last night.  Then I had to get breakfast for our IT monthly meeting.  And everyone wanted Chick-fil-ay (which sucked for me because it smelled soooooo good!).  So I bought some yummy mango, pineapple, and strawberries... and made smoothies for me, Kyle and Gidget.  So it all worked out.  But after that meeting was over I got back to my desk and was feeling really lightheaded.  I went ahead and ate lunch (broccoli and potatoes) and I was full but not satisfied. I thought that was kinda weird.  When you think about life our flesh always leaves us thinking we are not satisfied. So today, I prayed to be satisfied.  I was reminded that we must keep our eye on the prize and that prize is Jesus.  We must remember that "where your treasure is, there your heart will be also," Matthew 6:21.  Our treasure is knowing we will get to spend eternity with God.  If we remember that than it makes our time here much easier.  I know everyone is having  tough time with this fast and it's only day 3.  My husband has already lost 8 pounds in 3 days and I have lost 4.  But, we are shifting our eyes to have a heavenly perspective! 

In 3 days, I am already feeling much more prepared for our trip.  Just so you guys know, one thing I am really praying through is missing my husband.  Everyone on our team, besides Michael, has their significant other.  And thats been real tough for me, but I didn't realize it was gonna bother me so bad, until we had the retreat.  I'm really trusting God on this fear.  Greg said he wanted me to do this trip without him so I will completely relay on God.  Then after I have this one trip under my belt we will start doing missions together.  So his reasons for not going are totally valid.  I just thought I would throw this out here so you guys could pray for me.

Thanks again for commenting and wanting to post to the blog.  I think this is awesome for us to have support from one another and anyone else that wants to read :) Have a great evening!

-RW


**Here are a few postings from others on the team**
Jon Vaughan said...
Since I am a day behind everyone, I am still dieing for sugar and meat. I got to the office today and much to my chagrin, there are fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal cranberry white chocolate chip sitting out. That was a tough pass. This is the second day I have had the natural peanut butter and Polanar's All Fruit Spread on the whole wheat pita for lunch, and I think that I will continue eating it when this is over. My thought process when I eat, though, has become envisioning my veggies and pieces of steak. Makes it easier to eat, for me.

Really, though, I think about you guys and pray for you all the time, when I am feeling weak or pass cookies. You are a great group, and this is an awesome experience. Thanks for the inspiration and look forward to a great trip.

Julie said...
Things are going better today. Not as tired. I actually got up and worked out and I was a little worried I would pass out but did just fine. I had oatmeal with chopped apples and cinnamon. Then after my workout I had a great smoothie. Now I am heading out shortly for a golf tournament to work and I am about to have a bean burrito and some corn chips. We had a great dinner last night that was a recipe I found online called Cuban Black Beans and Rice.
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/
recipes/vegetarian/cubanbeansrice.html
(I used the directions on the rice container not this recipe) Not sure what is on the menu for tonight maybe whole wheat pasta. But John and I are doing great. We haven't cheated once. I am worried about this weekend with John's cousin getting married and I am in the wedding. So I have about 3 parties to go to with some great food surrounding me. We have asked for special meals so that will help! It is great to see everyone posting. It gives you extra encouragement to keep going to hear everyone else sticking with it. Good Luck today!I am out!


No comments: