Sunday, June 8, 2008

One Week In. We made it!!!!! from John Slappey

Hello to all. Sorry I haven't had a chance to post anything for a few days. We have had alot going on with my cousin getting married yesterday.

I am very encouraged by all that I have been reading to see that everyone seems to be going through the same transformations that I have experienced. It seems that each day brings new accomplishments and obstacles to overcome. I can say that without my trust in God I could not be here today after one week and say that I made it through the first week of this fast. I am amazed at the clarity of the my mind and body. The words are jumping off the page in my morning devotions.

Julie and I had a great time at the wedding yesterday. My aunt had them make us and Heather a vegetarian meal. It helped alot and was very tasty. The only real struggle I had was not to jump face first into the cake at the end of the night. I was truly tempted.

Gotta run. We are heading to the 11 o'clock service. Take care and God Bless.

John

1 comment:

Rachael Walkup said...

I'm so proud of you two!!!