Monday, June 2, 2008

Day 2...

Well, my day was pretty good.  I woke up feeling refreshed... got to the all staff meeting where they had a full country breakfast spread-but i was full of s, and s I mean soy and strawberries! Then I got to the Ministry Services meeting and it was a baked potato bar.  So I ate a nice baked potato with nothing on it, yum tasty! Now all that to say, I got home and made a delicious dinner of sauteed broccoli, dill potato wedges, and a grilled portobello mushroom cap. So right now i'm full and happy.  Thanks for all the comments! It was great to hear from you all :) 

We really do have an awesome team! And God is teaching us so much through the preparation for this trip. Today He taught me that spiritual friends are so important to get us through life.  I'm so blessed to have you all and my amazing coworkers! Not only did my Cambodia team members join me in the fast, but several coworkers also at other campuses joined the cause! So all I can say is PRAISE God.  Praise His holy name!!! 

What did God teach you today? 

1 comment:

Julie said...

Things are going better today. Not as tired. I actually got up and worked out and I was a little worried I would pass out but did just fine. I had oatmeal with chopped apples and cinnamon. Then after my workout I had a great smoothie. Now I am heading out shortly for a golf tournament to work and I am about to have a bean burrito and some corn chips. We had a great dinner last night that was a recipe I found online called Cuban Black Beans and Rice.
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/
recipes/vegetarian/cubanbeansrice.html
(I used the directions on the rice container not this recipe) Not sure what is on the menu for tonight maybe whole wheat pasta. But John and I are doing great. We haven't cheated once. I am worried about this weekend with John's cousin getting married and I am in the wedding. So I have about 3 parties to go to with some great food surrounding me. We have asked for special meals so that will help! It is great to see everyone posting. It gives you extra encouragement to keep going to hear everyone else sticking with it. Good Luck today!I am out!