Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day 3--from Craig

Day 3

Headaches went away this morning. I read in my fasting book that this is normal due to the lack of sugar. As I am reading the book Fasting by Jentezen Franklin the pastor of Free Chapel, he continually mentions the following: Without being combined with prayer and the word, it is little more than a diet. He calls it the three cords (giving, praying, fasting). Eccles 4:12. I am really finding strength in Romans 12: 1-2. I memorized this in a small group years ago. Anyway, we went shopping on Sunday for food after trying to figure out what to eat at Golden Corral for lunch following the retreat. It is limited, so I would probably stay clear unless you want to spend $10.00 per person for lettuce and a few vegetables that are soaked in some sort of special sauce. We have found that whole wheat pasta and organic sauce is pretty good. I am really missing my Parmesan cheese though. I did want to mention about something I actually bought about a month ago that turned out to be perfect for this. They have a pretty good vegan section at World Market in the back of the store. It is primarily Indian food which consists of a lot of curry dishes. There is typically little to no sugar in any of the dishes, and you simply pour the pouch over some brown rice and heat. I would eat this stuff off of the fast. Some of it is actually already prepacked with rice and whatever the accompanying dish is. Well, I am in West Palm Beach this week and am looking forward to the challenge of making this work on the road.

1 comment:

Jon Vaughan said...

Since I am a day behind everyone, I am still dieing for sugar and meat. I got to the office today and much to my chagrin, there are fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal cranberry white chocolate chip sitting out. That was a tough pass. This is the second day I have had the natural peanut butter and Polanar's All Fruit Spread on the whole wheat pita for lunch, and I think that I will continue eating it when this is over. My thought process when I eat, though, has become envisioning my veggies and pieces of steak. Makes it easier to eat, for me.

Really, though, I think about you guys and pray for you all the time, when I am feeling weak or pass cookies. You are a great group, and this is an awesome experience. Thanks for the inspiration and look forward to a great trip.