Thursday, June 5, 2008

Good Verse

I was reading Proverbs last night (catching up since I didn't the day before), and found a verse that I think is very helpful with what we are going through:

Proverbs 3:7-8
Do no be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.

That came at a perfect time, as I was complaining about wanting more protein and how I didn't think I could work out as hard because of my lack of meat and didn't want to risk hurting myself. What selfishness and lack of faith. I was putting my desire for working out and lack of faith that this diet, which is making me so much stronger in my walk, could strengthen me ahead of the understanding that I am not on earth for me, but rather for service to glorify God and that he will not give me anything I can't handle. He will bring health to my body and nourishment to my bones. I just thought that was so cool. No matter the situation, some guy 3,000 years ago was inspired by God to explain that we would struggle with similar things, and that God is there to make you whole if you trust in Him, fear Him, and shun evil. God is good.

1 comment:

Rachael Walkup said...

What an awesome encouragement! Thanks Jon, I definitely needed that today!