Monday, August 4, 2008

Home sweet home...

Well, we have made it home safely! Praise God! And on the way home I got what I was craving all week-FOOD (haha-but seriously I had Steak n' Shake and it was delicious) It was a LONG trip to get back to the US and I don't know about everyone else but i'm having a little bit of culture shock :( I had a 2 hour breakdown today in my closet when I couldn't find a hanger because I have so many different outfits. I ended up making a hug pile of stuff to give away. So, i guess it was a good thing. I haven't attempted to drive, go to the grocery store, or work yet. Anyway, I just thought I would give a little update. Also I made a list of things I am grateful for when I was in Cambodia and now is a good time to share. Hope you enjoy...
  • Having Jesus in my heat, The whole spririt leading me, and God overseeing in case he needs to intervene
  • running water
  • toilets that flush
  • clean bathrooms
  • a shower separate from the toilet and sink
  • HOT steaming water
  • carpet
  • Widespread Christianity here in the US
  • My amazing husband (the way he takes care of me, leads me spiritually, and loves me more than anything in the world)
  • My unfailing family who supports me no matter what
  • The incredible Team A-seriously I would have been LOST without all you. We have become family and so I say bring it on family times! I love each and everyone of you dearly in a unique way
  • Even though the economy us bad here at least we have an economy cause Cambodia doesn't have one
  • Television in English
  • English speaking American
  • That was have a way of identification
  • I was born here in the US
  • That I wasn't an orphan, and that I grew up in a loving home
  • I'm a Christian and I want to tell others abut Him
  • Grocery stores that are inside and set up by sections and food here is refrigerated
  • for the children of Cambodia who are diligently praying a big vision for Cambodia
  • just plain American food!!!!! (hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, pork, and so much more!)
  • Working job that love and get paid for
  • Spending quiet evening in bed talking with mu husband
  • My parents, inlaws, aunts, uncles, cousins, grothers, sisters, etc for their contract love and supprt
  • Ice that I can eat :)
  • Tide or anything good smelling detergent
  • English speaking kids
  • being about to communication/bond with who we could
  • I'm grateful God sent me to be on this team because I thought I lost a piece of my heart a long time ago or it was dead. But God showed me that piece during the week...does anyone wanna guess???
What are some things you are grateful for???


(plus I better stop now, I took an Ambien(sleeping pill) and theres no telling what I wil type once it kicks in :)


***just so you readers know this blog will be up kept. I have already gotten an email from the paster and major that run the orphanage and we are deciding to do one or two month updates so we will be updated with whats going on :) -So be on the lookout!

1 comment:

ann said...

It was so nice to meet everyone at ATL....

When my husband and I traveled to Russia, when it was still the USSR, we came home feeling very thankful for many of the same things that you have listed here.... it's just amazing what we are blessed with when we are born in the United States... but we don't get a chance to really know the difference until we really experience the difference.

Well ,here is my 'short' list:

God's grace and unconditional love
my husband
my children
my grandchildren
my brothers an sisters
my friends
my health & everything still working on my body
freedom & servicemen and women keeping us free
freedom to worship
my pastor, Cumberland Church, Andy Stanley
compassion
love
empathy
laugher
music and musicians
nature, especially the ocean
volunteers
doctors
nurses
teachers
fireman
policeman
my ability to learn quickly
jobs
my new iMac :-)
smiles

Can't wait to get a copy of all the pictures!

A prayer request:

Please pray for Michael and Candace throughout their 3 month cross country tandem bike trip from Oregon to Virginia.

Love to all,

Ann