Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Back Home and Adjusting

It has been hard coming home and adjusting back to the ways of life. Especially with the time changes. John and I are doing good and trying to stay awake. We have been very busy since we returned with work events and his cousin's wedding this weekend. When returning home from a trip like we have experienced it is hard to understand others reactions. I don't think you can ever really describe through words the things we did and saw. Our team was truly a blessing from God and the friendships are everlasting. I have been looking back at my pictures daily and remembering all the good times and smiles that have made an impression on my heart. These children are a gift from God and I am excited to see them grow in Christ. 

I am struggling with getting back into a routine and typically it takes about a week to a week and a half to really get your sleep pattern back. It can be difficult mentally, emotionally, and physically when returning home. Hang in there and try your best to not take naps! Make sure you are drinking lots of water and getting outside! And ultimately TRUST in the Lord for your strength!

I miss you all and can't wait for our picture party. I have received emails from most on dates that work. I will send an email once I have heard from everyone on logistics of the party!

-Julie

I know God is saying "Well done good and faithful servant!" Matthew 25:21


No comments: