Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sunday

I have about 5 minutes so I thought I would say hello and give a quick update. We got up this morning and had breakfast. Last night everyone slept good but woke up this morning around 4. So we didn't get much sleep. Please be praying for renewed energy for the team. After we ate, we went to New Life church for a church service. It was very humbling. They worship on a dirty tile floor in a church that has no air conditioning. When they sang to us in their language, I was overwhelmed. I have been praying for us to see the people as God sees them and I did at that moment. They were praising the Lord and it sounded beautiful. It was neat to read along in our language as they spoke Khmer. We didn't have a translator so they just gave us the reference in the bible and we read along. What an amazing morning! After that we came back to the hotel, changed, and went out for lunch. Lunch was pretty yummy (everyone was adventurous having mystery chicken, pork, or sausage in a noodle bowl-I had tuna, hah) And that brings us to now... this afternoon we will be doing curriculum introductions, sports, and arts and crafts so please pray the kids receive the love we are bringing! Thanks again for all the prayers and comments!

We love you all so much!

Mom, Greg, Nach, Mami, Stephanie-thank you for loving me and praying for me. I appreciate your comments on here :)

Ann-Thank you for posting comments too. Michael loves you!

Everyone else-keep the comments coming we love to see them. It's alot of encouragement for us!!!

PS-Here's some pictures, just click this link and it will take you to the facebook album-
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2009051&l=f8df9&id=113700005

5 comments:

ann said...

Dear Team...

We are praying very hard for all of your requests. There is no doubt that God chose you for this special mission trip and He will give you the strength you need! We pray that every child with whom you come in contact will feel the fervor of the Holy Spirit working through you and touch them in a life changing way. God Bless all of you and all of these sweet little children!

Love and prayers and hugs,

Ann & Mike

ann said...

Just viewed the pictures of the genocide museum, the gallows and the behavior sign that was posted. My stomach is sick and my heart is aching...

Anonymous said...

Praying that the Lord will renew your strength. Praying that the children will see Jesus through you and the team. And as always I couldn't see the pictures :( May the Lord continue to bless you and protect you. I love you!!

Mami xoxox

MD said...

Mami- What is your email address? I can try to send you some pictures directly so you can keep up and see your family...I will download them from the blog and then we can work back and forth until you get to see them :)

Megan
(Mike's sister)

Erin Ashley said...

I was able to view the photos and let me just say these truly brought tears to my eyes. I am so amazed by all that you (Rachael) and your team are doing. It is a true inspiration. These children will see the love of God and of all of you. I will continue to pray for strength for your entire team and that God's light will truly shine through each of you as I know it already has.

Sending lots of love and support your way~

Erin ; )